The Village-Town Girl - NaPoWriMo - #25


She was a girl of a small village town
a small town, with fields brown
But in the fields, there were other colours too
green and yellow yes, with ponds clean & blue

The houses were beautiful, and so were the folk
but there was a problem, hidden beneath a cloak


See in that town, there were no young men
only ageing and old, except for the women

And women were there, mind you aplenty
each home with daughters, less than a twenty

And just as the rest, this girl had no boy a friend
hadn't even met one she, let alone do some time spend 

In all of seventeen years of her life, she
never once thought she could be a wife

And spent her time she, hearding the sheep
sitting by the stream, slipping into sleep

But one day, when she opened her eyes, she
found a boy standing near, to her surprise

And asked him who he is, and whence he come,
so he said he was travelling, as it was autumn

Travelling where, the maiden wanted to know
why, to here my dear lady, it is a village, no?

I am not a lady mister, a lady is my mother
I am, but a girl, you must not make me bother

Forgive me miss, I did not mean to offend, only
you are so beautiful, I could not but commend

Weird fluttering butterflies, the girl felt in her stomach, she
looked down, smiled, and hair behind the ear she tuck

Who are you here to meet, and rest at and eat?
the girl asked in a voice that was shty and sweet

Oh I know not anyone here, you are the very first
if you could help me here, it would be so just




... to be continued


This is the first time I too am seeing a 'to be continued' in between a poem, but this one was looking to get so long that I had to. 

Until tomorrow ;)




Comments

  1. This reminded me of The Solitary Reaper.
    Now, I don't completely remember what all that poem said, so don't ask me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have heard of that name. Was it the one in the CBSE syllabus. Maybe in standard 9 or 10, right?

      Anyway, I am more than elated to see you think of 'that' poem while reading this one. Makes the post worth it :D

      Delete
  2. Ohmy! I only just noticed this poem (-_-). Is it awesome or what! I like the storyline more than anything. Where is the next part? That tomorrow's passed two days ago! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)