I wish you Life

Hi 
        
          This is not a sorry note. I know that's not how you a start a letter but I had a feeling that I should say it. Since I promised that I won't say sorry ever again, I won't. I shouldn't. I needn't. Neither will I do any other useless inconsequential talk. This is a different day and I had some things to say to you.

           You are a wonderful person, everybody who has met you, knows this. And there are a lot of incredible things that you are going to do in life. Make your dreams come true. But perhaps, they won't be as enjoyable without a good health, with the sleepless nights. I hence, pray to God for the best of your health. That you never have to worry about those awful medicines and that you kick them out as soon as possible, and so hard that they won't dare to come back.

          There are some other wishes too..
         
          I wish that you clear that UPSC exam and become an 'afsar'. I know you can, and I know you
          will.
          That you learn to dance contemporary, hip-hop and classical all at the same time and you get
          your chance to dance with Terence. 
          That you get to go out in a mini-skirt and roam around the whole town wearing it. And try all
          other things, you always wanted to try out.
          That your bhai marries a chinese kudi so you get an endless supply of rolls, momos and
          manchurian.
          That you fulfill your secret wish soon enough and do it so much that you won't get time or
          energy to do anything else, for a month at least. 
          That you make a lot of friends, true ones, wherever you go and may you never loose them. And
          that your mom becomes the best of them.
          That you start believing in love. It exists and it's beautiful.

          And last, I wish that you never change and always stay the fun, confident, and naughty girl you are. And may your life, from this day onwards, be all what you want it to be.  

          I only wanted you to know, that your coming was one of the best things ever happened in my life. I can't thank God enough for it. But I guess some things in life are just there to be cherished as memories. I do  cherish and will keep on.

          There is a very tiny chance, if there any is, that you'll stumble upon this letter. Ironically, I am out of options and this is the only place left for me to wish you now, a


Happy Birthday

A friend  

Comments

  1. Amazingly amazing!!! This was one of the most sincere and heartfelt posts I've read. The way you've wished for the wishes to come true, the wishes that may seem small, but actually are tremendously fulfilling. What a lucky person to have a friend like you.. Loved loved loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashna. So nice of you to say that. :)
    I was the lucky one to have a friend like her, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartfelt, overwhelming and straight from the heart! But this is kinda sad too, why don't you give her a call and wish right away and lighten your heart?

    I should learn to inject life in blog posts from you Usama. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachit. :D
      I wish I could, even a message would have been great for me, but I can't. I can't mail or wish her on facebook. It's a bit complicated. :|

      This post is also a stupid thing in itself to write, since she's not going to find it anyway. But then I am a such an emotional fool, so...

      Delete
  4. A very sweet post Usama!

    It is so overwhelming, but I see a tinge of sadness too..
    I hope, with all my heart, that she reads it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Saloni. :)
      The frail thread of hope has a lot to hold. But it works wonders sometimes, so I hope too.

      Delete
  5. hi usama
    After reading this only one thing i want to share...hubby always says ...ritu ...kuch bhi ho ...kissi ko Atma sey pyaar nahi kerna chaiyey....i will never understand that... i will tease him you got whom you loved...after reading this ...i understand what he meant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ritu ma'am

      I am surprised(in a good way of-course) and really happy to see your comment here. :D
      'Pyaar' seems a very childish thing to me at times and then sometimes a very grown-up feeling. I think it's a deep emotion that can't be fully understood by someone like me. But understood or not, it's still there.

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  6. After a long time I read something so touching and soul stirring for many reasons... I will remember this post for a long long long time Usama purely because of the emotions behind it!

    Like it is said in Little Women - wish I did not have a heart, for it hurts so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)