The Monster

The following is not a poem or a story in its strictest sense. It does not need to rhyme, nor does it need to describe the occurrence in detail.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I cried, I pleaded, tried to free back my hand
he wrung and jerked it, ignoring my stand

He kept leering like a wolf at me, then
pounded at my flesh, with a sick rapture

I wriggled, protested and I pleaded again
to let go of me, for once, just for once

But he went on with it and threw me on bed
face down, and held me there while he said

'I am not gonna hurt, don't you distress,
you are so pretty, just like a princess'

then, He tore off my innocence, my childhood
and crushed hard my fragile soul, my self

I screamed first, fluttered and writhed with pain,
then I became numb, didn't move again

His red and green bed sheet and the dim lit wall,
is what I saw before I faded, is what I recall

I woke up, limped on my feet and fell
some time had passed, how much I couldn't tell

He sat there, watched me collect myself, and
threatened to repeat it, if I told someone else

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used to work there as a maid
to help my family, to earn our bread

I was a girl of 11
he had a daughter my age

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I stay at home, sitting, lying, staring at the blankness of the world outside
I try to hide behind my shadow, when somebody visits our house

I wake up at nights,screaming and panting with pain
I see flashes of dark blue walls, dim lights, and a distant voice of a sobbing girl

Comments

  1. Just want to say Thank you for writing this. People need to understand 'humanity' and how the marginal section of our society suffers silently. Really appreciate your efforts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and appreciating Ashna. It really means a lot. :)

      Delete
  2. Just fantabulous. I maybe short of words right now but I just have to say that you're one soulful and imaginative writer I've known and am really glad. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachit. I am just a beginner, trying to learn. I am Glad that you're glad. :)

      Delete
  3. I am extremely impressed with your creative usage of words, to describe such an unfortunate event. I can imagine the difficulty in penning down such feelings, and you have done it brilliantly!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to write this for two weeks but just didn't have the right words with me. There was a fine line between reality and obscenity here, and I was scared, like 'what if it turned into something else', so yeah it was a bit difficult(for me, at least). :|

      Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  4. And excuse me for replying late. I was kinda busy. O:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is truly moving. I love how you have written it, so imaginative. I could feel the girl's pain and visualize it. You're AMAZING Usama. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AaeKay. I read it again today, and there is feeling that world hasn't changed much since then :/
      It's sad, but then it is 'we' who will bring about the change, I do hope we succeed. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)