The Country Life - NaPoWriMo - #4


Have you lived in the country, brother
Dew

you go forth and try it sometime

The days break early there, 
with the fresh dew glistening atop

You can find some ponds still clean,
where the sun makes the water gleam

The alleyways feel soft and spongy, 
like a kneaded dough in brown

The nights show you what black is, and
you can catch the tiniest tinkles in the sky

And when it rains, oh, and when it rains
there is only wonder in your eyes
Colors

How the colours come out of those boring things
and how everything comes so alive

You hear the songs of the birds and
quiet happiness of your friends in the farm

You smell the heavens on earth, 
and feel your heart sing along

The life is simple there, dear brother
and the afternoons are long

You will want to sit under a tree, once in a while
and introspect on this life

Who knows, you might become a poet even
and move there with your wife


--- --- ---

I loved writing this poem. I got to remember the lovely rains and the fields and the nights of those few days I spent in my ancestral village a few times. It is wonderful there.

I hope you liked this poem too. You better. I am watching you (-_-)

Check out Ashna's poem for today here.

P.S: Pictures are my own.


Comments

  1. What lovely description that makes one not just want to live in such a place, but also makes it easy to imagine everything you wrote about. These days, I have been increasingly hearing Delhites saying how they'd like to move to a quieter place. I'm one of those. Guess we, who live among so much noise, love the peace and pace of such a life as you described, more than others.

    PS- I knew you'd rhyme "life" with "wife". Typical. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaat, why do I always rhyme life with wife? :P And even if I do, it is fitting isn't it? Wife is for life after all. Whether a blessing or a blessing in disguise is another thing :P

      Though thank you for the comment. It is amazing to go and live in the village, specially during light rains :D You should try it too sometime, brother :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)