What is it?


Is it a new love
the one you feel
A new excitement, a sweet pain
a reason to trust someone again
-
Or is it just an illusion
of your memories, your past


Is it a full circle
the life before your eyes
Having born, grown, aged, died
and then born again. At last
-
Or is it just half yet, with the 
other half unseen, unknown, unimagined


Is it an end
to the judgement day
To thousand years in passing
wishing, waiting, praying
-
Or is it just a start, of another day 
from a thousand more to come


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wrote this probably a month ago and I had thought against of posting it since ... well, since I think the blog belongs equally to the reader as it does to the writer and I didn't want to post something morose just because I once wrote it in a somber mood. But for whatever reasons, which are not quite clear to me either, I am posting it now. Do comment.

P.S: I started writing a wonderful story(at least I thought it would be wonderful) two months ago.I had no idea then that time would be so unfaithful with me on it, that it would become downright impossible for me to complete it or have interest in completing it. Please pray that I do complete it, and soon. Thanks. 

Pic from Google.

Comments

  1. Nice..life a circle or half circle..I always consider it half circle..half witness and half more to go.
    And it's not that much awful or morose or pathetic..it's bit of pensive but nicely written. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad, but nice nonetheless! I especially liked the first stanza. :)

    Good luck with your story Usama. I'm sure you'll complete it soon and that it will be wonderful!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Abinaya, I am glad to have readers like you. :)

      Delete
  3. It's once again, a new kind of a thing I've come across. That's what I like best about you, and your blog! There's always something 'new'. :) I like this and it's not exactly morose, confused and lost perhaps, probably it depends on what mood you're in when you read it? Also the perception!

    Keep Writing! Stay Happy!! :D And yep, please do write your wonderful story! :D Waiting to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does look different through different lenses. And yeah, I too can't wait to post it soon. Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  4. seriously.. point to ponder.. that one.. my take.. even if its an illusion, if it makes u happy, why not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks err.. anonymous, I guess. I am not sure what you meant but I suppose you were saying that if the illusion makes us happy then we should just embrace the illusion. I think you're right to some extent but then it's just an illusion, it's going to vanish in the air sooner or later.

      Delete
  5. I'd like to give you an award.. Check it out at http://ablogtoremember-abi.blogspot.in/2013/04/yay-another-award.html?showComment=1366246052928#c8628898773560371786

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abinaya. Looking forward to making a post on this.
      You rock. :D

      Delete
  6. It reminds me of many instances in life....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)