2013 - Resolutions and Wishes

Although I am not a very resolutionary(yes thank you, I know that's not a word) person I wanted to do a resolutions as well as a wishlist post this time anyway. And since it's too much work making two posts and more work for you reading I decided to do them together. 

And even though most people find many things to be happy about the departing year, looking through the time-glass, I didn't find anything worth giving a toast. 2012, as I  realise, has been the most boring, vexing and basically  the most pathetically idle year of my life. I never ever had more sensation of precious.. precious time being wasted before. The year sucked. Actually I sucked the whole year, and bad.

Still, if I were to look for good things about this year, I do find some good moments scattered here and there. And most of them include my friends, and discovering how awesome friendship is. The other moments include meeting new people and reading some very good books. And writing of-course, it was one of the best things. :)

I hope this doesn't happen with me.

Okay, Resolutions first. And I might sound serious and boring so don't fall asleep. Al-right, in the new year, I am going to, 

- Stop Planning and Start Doing>> I am going to stop making elaborate plans about the things I have always been just planning, and would start to actually do them. The planning phase phased out with the Mayan calendar and I will remember that.

- Accept that I am not a Superman>> Yes, that's one thing I definitely need learning. I have to understand that all that I dream/want cannot be done all at once. I am a human, and a pretty fallible one at that, so I will take on a limited number things at one time and take help if I need.

- Try to be less emotional>> I will remember that being emotional is being 'emotional jackass' for me, no matter what the situation is, although it just means that I can have as many crushes as I want as long as I don't fall in love. Hence, I must stay away from anything emotional, specially the thing called pyaar.

- Begin talking --sensibly>> I am going to start talking, speaking, interacting and will not be scared of any humiliation that I might risk. I will be as shameless as I can, because only when I begin to talk freely, will I learn how to not blurt out things that I shouldn't and say things that I should, and at the right moment.

- Concentrate and end Self-Bashing>> I have to stop being swept away in admiration and confuse an already cluttered mind with so many more things that I can do/be. And I have to stop thinking that I am pathetic at every thing that I do, go ahead and just do them. I have to focus on just being Me.

Now the wishlist. It's more of a promise list than a wishlist but I am going to try a different technique this time to make them really happen. Hence I am wishing things that I want done and publishing them for all to see instead of writing them down on my to-do list. That way I'll have a conscience that I am not getting away easily this time. Here are the wishes. I wish to,
Yeah!

- Be able to complete the book I started writing this year, before November next. 

- Be accepted in Nehru Mountaineering Institute. Anyhow.

- Finish the French language course and read at least one French book and watch one movie sans subtitles.

- Put my arse(read body) in water once more to make it float, and hopefully swim.

- Beat deadlines. For online courses, pending projects, book-reading challenge etc.

Even though I didn't like 2012 very much, I did learn many things. And I hope to stick by them as I tread the path of 2013.

- - - - - - - - - - 

P.S: I want to write a PS, but I don't have anything to write in it, so I am just writing this line. :P
P.P.S: First image from Pinterest, second from Google.   

Comments

  1. First of all, a very happy new year to you!

    I love your resolutions! Do,take help, be you and talk! Except the pyaar thing, woh dheere dheere ho jayega! :D

    Mountaineering institute :O WOW! I didn't know something like that existed! So what do you learn about, what do you do?? Good luck with that! :)

    Good luck with your book and don't worry, swimming isn't too hard once you get the hang of it! :)

    Beat deadlines, say together - yes we will! :D :D :D

    Love your PS and this line - The planning phase phased out with the Mayan calender and I will remember that. :D

    I hope you have a fabulous year and that you strike everything off your wishlist. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy new year to you too Abinaya. :D Haha, the pyaar thing, it's like that.

      There are actually more of them, but the NIMS is arguably the best. They train you in mountaineering and hill climbing and stuff, so that people(like me :P) can give those high peaks a shot when they are trained enough :) Getting in that institute is also a sort of dream for me :P

      Thanks for the book, I've got to have a firm hold of it. And yeah, perhaps I tried too hard the last time :P

      And yes, together, 'we will beat the deadlines, we will beat the deadlines, we will...' huhahaha :D :D

      Thanks for posting this awesome comment, I love awesome, long comments :D and wish you too make all the things in wishlist come true. :)

      God bless you :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! Needless to say, I loved this post for numerous reasons! But first of all, mujhe bhi swimming seekhni hai! Kisi zamane mein aati thi, ab bhul gya! :P

    And all the very best for your book Usama! We are among your first readers, hope you are in the process of deciding our cut :P. And don't forget to make out prompts! You know we all just love them!

    And about that mountaineering institute, they're having a preliminary ski course in Feb. On for it?

    A very happy new year sir! You inspire me. You always will. Keep writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, swimming's the one thing I have always been so excited about all these years, but I guess swimming like cycling varies person to person. To some it comes just naturally, while others have to put a little more effort. Let's mark this to do before year ends. :D

      Yep, I have alredy thought of that. We'll pick up chits :P and I love the prompts too, they're fun.

      A very happy new year to you too Rachit. May you have a fabulous year ahead :D And please don't call me sir, koi sun lega toh? I don't deserve such credit(mazak mein bhi), plus, it makes me look old. :P

      Delete
  3. A very Happy New Year to you! :)
    Wish you all the luck in the world so that you become an official 'resolutionary' person, you fulfill all your resolutions AND stuff on your wishlist! NMI! You have to go there and tell us your experiences so that I'll get ready for it in 2014! :D

    All the very best for your book! You never told me. (I bet you know the consequences). Anyway, for starters, I want a review copy. A real, proper ARC, when it comes out! :') I'm SO happy for you!! Like, sooo soooo happy! You're an inspiration, you know that? :)

    'As many crushes as you want'? Ohho! ;)
    And I can relate to that 'begin talking sensibly' point. I need to work on that too.

    Have an amazing year ahead, so that same time next year we'd be reading about how awesome-ly you completed all these resolutions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so so much Ashna for this amazing comment. :D :') A very happy new year to you too! :)

    And you know all about the book, remember NaNoWriMo?? Yeah, it wasn't just anything I took up, I started writing the thing I always wanted to write -at least since August the year before :P :D and you don't need to ask, you're waise bhi going to carry the burden of reading and re-reading the whole thing, and there is no way out, mind you! ;)

    By that, I didn't mean that I going to drool after every girl that passes, it just meant 'stay away from serious-ness' :P

    Thank you very much again Ashna, I wish you a completely awesome and lovelier than last year ahead :D Perhaps you already know, your comment made my day :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st, 3rd and 4th resolutions....do tell me how you succeed with them :D
    Your BOOK...eagerly waiting!
    All the best for the wish list!
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I have decided to do a 'check' post at the end of the year. Let's hope I succeed in them and strikeout my wishlist by then. :D

      Thank you Srishti, and a Happy New Year to you too! :D

      Delete
  6. Can I say, I have almost all of above in my list too. I didnt make any list..but yes, now I can land up on this post of yours to remind me :P
    Liked the second image :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priya. You can bookmark it for it's awesomeness :P (joking) It is nice to know that other people, specially friends have the same things in bucket list than you. :D
      The second image is making me nervous now, I need to get working on it seriously :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)