Tea for Two and a Piece of Me

A first (and thankfully so), this post is in response to a creative prompt by blogger and writer Preeti Shenoy, who's third book 'Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake' released a few days ago. And let me tell you, the book sure looks delicious.
In this last prompt of her, the author asks some random questions to get to know us, the readers, a little better. So here it is,



 #1. If you had `50,000 to just blow up (you have to spend it on YOURSELF. Giving to charity and buying gifts for others not allowed), what would you spend it on and why?


Here's what I plan to do. I'll get out and get,
- The Yamaha FG700S acoustic guitar and start learning.
- The iPod Touch 8GB and just purely indulge.
- Canon Powershot SX220HS. For starting out.
- The whole Harry Potter books Box Set.

But I might just end up buying an iPad 2 and a whole lot of books when I actually have the money in hand.


#2. Name three of your closest friends (not family or spouse), and say why you love them.

I am gonna have to break the rules here as I am going to make it a 1-2-3 list.

Faizan. A friend who knows me and my family as good as his own. A friend whom I can share with almost anything. A friend who understands, even without me saying out loud. A friend who is always ready to help me with anything, anytime. A friend whom I can safely call my best friend ever.

- My partners in most of the crimes, Najme and Qasim. I really am indebted to them for tolerating me, my awful jokes and gibes, my late arrivals, and what not. I can go to their house anytime of the day and demand to be fed ... pretty shamelessly. They are my friends for life.

- I can only thank God that He ever gave me a friend like Swati. She changed me in more ways than she could think of. I am more confident, open, and well shameless than I was before meeting her. And lastly, the two unique friends Rachit and Ashna, because of whom I picked up my blog and practically writing again. They may not be one of my closest friends but they gave me the strength to keep doing what I absolutely love and enjoy to do, even if the result comes out as senseless ramblings. 


#3. Name three books which have profoundly effected you and which you would recommend everyone to read.

This is tricky as I haven't read much books to choose from(I am a new creature in the book world). Anyways, I am confident about two of them.

- Harry Potter: I started reading books because of this amazing and mesmerizing tale of magic, quest for power and above all love.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Seven different magical stories connected through a common link that is the mystical world of Narnia.
- The Alchemist: Story of a shepherd boy searching for a treasure, travelling far for it and then finding the true treasure during his course..


#4. If you know for certain that you can never ever fail, what would you attempt to do?

This is by far the toughest question to answer.

Personally: I would attempt to climb the Everest. Well, I have big dreams.

Otherwise: I would attempt to convince the world to let go the concept of 'Interest' from the economic system. It would reduce many of the world's problems.
I know this is a bit too radical and might also seem out of context, but I am just trying to be honest to the question.


#5. What is THE ONE THING that you want very very badly?

To develop strong willpower.


So, there it is. My take on the prompt. I wish Preeti Shenoy all the very best for her third book. And I hope she keeps on bringing such creative prompts on her blog.  

Comments

  1. Very nicely written, liked knowing you. I agree Rachit and Ashna are truly unique in about everything.

    Wish you all the luck for your dreams and hope they come true for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SUCH a sweet post (not because you very kindly mentioned me! :P).
    Loved your answers- totally true and honest, which is always the best thing for me. :)
    And Mount Everest??? How could I forget not writing THAT! I want to do that too!! :D
    Canon Powershot? Good choice!
    You MUST have a Harry Potter boxed set!
    Have you read all the books in the Narnia series? I've just read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Have The Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew, but haven't read them yet!
    Can't say about the Alchemist because I left it in between and haven't read any book by Paulo Coelho since then :P
    And Thank You. That was really kind of you :)
    Hope you keep writing and doing what YOU like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a sweet comment Ashna.

      Yes, I have read all of them and they are absolutely magical. The best by far is 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'.
      I haven't read many books which could be categorized as 'profoundly effective', I mean crime thrillers and chetan bhagat are not exactly the 'effective' types.
      So I wrote Alchemist which I read lethargically back in 2007. It was good but I haven't read Paulo Coelho ever since and have no plans to do so anywhere in the near future. :P

      And yeah, I picked up 'The secret garden' from your recommended list. Thanks again for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey thanks Usama for this tag though I really don't deserve this much eulogizing! I have been seeing your writing skill and perspective ever since I joined the Fosk page. :D

    Quite ambitiously written as I would have written it. I may read the Alchemist in the near future. I am so sure I'm gonna love it since I'm an eclectic reader! :P

    Just stay the same always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were like the first reader of my blog, if I don't count myself as a reader. Though I resumed writing because I needed it and it made me happy, but the thought that somebody's reading and commenting greatly pushed me to it.
      Its not just including both of your names. I really thought for long before writing them down.
      Sure you'll love Alchemist. Some eclectic reader you are. :P

      Thanks for the great feedback. Always. :D

      Delete
  4. Hey -

    I loooove the "interest" part leaving the entire ecosystem thing! More power to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sirisha, thanks a lot for reading and commenting. Glad that you liked it. :)

      Delete
  5. Very honest answers indeed ;)
    Your answer to the 1st question makes it clear that you are a typical gadget-crazy boy :P
    And well, Alchemist is one of my favourites too!
    I too would like to thank.. Ashna and Rachit, for pushing you into writing, and giving the blogger world a great writer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you sooo much Saloni. You made my day. I am really happy right now. :D

      And no, I am not a gadget-freak at all. Its just that I like photography and to click photos I need a camera(what am i talking). :P Second, I have a strange attraction to all things Apple. ;)

      Delete
  6. Firstly thank you so much to drop by and comment on my blog. Secondly I liked your post, found so much innocence in it and some matured talks. Loved the blog. And liked the way you thanked your friends, one should never forget to thank those who has inspired you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thank you very much for dropping by and writing such a lovely comment. :)
      True friends are the priceless gifts of God, meant to be kept close. Always. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the comments on my blog. :)
    I like the way you have answered your questions! Mount Everest! Can I join in??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of-course. Hop on our bus of dreams. It leaves soon. :)

      Delete
  8. So many ideas for spending the 50,000 :)
    Nice.


    Good luck.


    GBU
    Arti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I tried squeezing in as much as I can. :P

      By the way, I couldn't figure out. What does GBU mean?

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)